The built in breathing system breathing unit (BIBS BU) was designed with the purpose of being used as a breathing regulator for submarine escape. The BIBS delivers a fresh gas supply to all crew members on board a distressed submarine to help enable a rush escape. The unit exceeds the current inhale and exhale breathing resistance standards and meets all diving requirements to depths in excess of 75m.
It is easily dismantled and re-assembled for maintenance purposes and designed for form, fit and function. The BIBS BU has stretch potential which enable all parts to be re-designed throughout the life on the unit for improved performance.
Features & Benefits
- Any length hose is available, current service hose lengths include 1.6m and 6.1m.
- Supplied without manual purge to ensure security of the air when used.
- Comforbite mouthpiece to reduce jaw ache.
- Exceeds current inhale and exhale breathing resistance standards, will meet all diving requirements to depths in excess of 150 feet (50m)
- Easy to dismantle and re-assemble for annual maintenance without need for special tools.
- In service with the RN.
|Weight excluding hose
|Weight including hose
||2°c - 40°c
||6.8 – 8.8 bar
||Enable submarine crew to breathe quality diving air in an emergency situation
|Maximum working pressure